Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery, also known as MVHR, is an efficient and reliable energy recovery and fresh air supply system.
MVHR systems provide a continuous source of ventilation that extracts stale, moisture-laden air from a building and resupplies the space with fresh and filtered air to provide a comfortable and condensation-free environment to live in all year round.
Latent heat is recovered from electrical appliances, including lighting, and from other sources such as bathrooms which has warmed the surrounding air. As a ventilation system is incorporated into the MVHR unit, air is drawn from each room and the heat is then recovered via an exchanger. Once this process has taken place, cleaner air, which has also had the moisture levels reduced, is circulated back throughout the property.
• Removing moisture from the air reduces the risk of damp and condensation
• Cleaner, fresher air is beneficial to allergy suffers and can be argued to be more healthy
• An MVHR is an environmentally friendly and cost effective system to run
• MVHR systems can be used for both heating and cooling
• Some older buildings may need to be checked for air tight levels and therefore may not be suitable for an MVHR unit, or may require improvements prior to installation
• Regular maintenance is recommended to optimize filter efficiency – this may vary between size and manufacturer
To find out more about MVHR systems and to enquire about the service, please call the team today on 01621 858555.