Bespoke designed packages from air source heat pumps suppliers
Terra Therma is an Essex-based accredited air source heat pump installation partner for Nibe, Samsung, Daikin Altherma, Mitsubishi Ecodan, Danfoss, Dimplex and CTC Enertec, all reputable suppliers of quality renewable energy system components.
We can provide you with an individually designed, supplied and installed package for your air source heat pump (ASHP) heating and domestic hot water system.
Outside air, when at any temperature above zero, is a heat container and an ASHP utilises some of this heat to offer you an efficient way to provide hot water or household heating. An ASHP may be combined with a solar energy heating system to provide you with even greater efficiency.
Advantages of ASHPs:
• ASHPs use only around 25-33% of the electricity that a standard resistance heater uses for the same amount of heating, thereby reducing your electricity costs
• ASHPs have few moving parts, reducing maintenance requirements, although the outdoor heat exchanger and fan must be kept free from leaves and debris
• ASHPs run on electricity and so no flammable or potentially asphyxiating fuel is used at the point of heating, reducing any potential danger to users and removing the need to obtain gas or fuel supplies (except for electricity)
• They may be used to heat air, or water
• An air source heat pump system can be used for air conditioning in summer, as well as for heating in winter (known as a split or reversible system)
• Lower running costs compared with conventional electrical resistance heaters
Alternative hot water and heating
ASHPs can provide low cost heating, and a high efficiency heat pump can provide up to four times the heat of an electric heater for the same electrical input.
ASHPs provide you with hot water from temperatures of 55°C (low temperature) or up to 80°C (high temperature). Required temperatures can be achieved on a predefined program.
Significantly lower harmful emissions
The overall costs of using air source heat pumps should be considered carefully, as mains gas (where available) may be cheaper than electricity, although it has significantly higher harmful CO2 emissions. However, with the introduction of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme for Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) approved units and installers, such as Daikin and Terra Therma, the benefits speak for themselves.
For more information on our air source heat pump installation in Essex and the South East, please contact Terra Therma today.